Ramblings of a Social Outcast

Friday, November 03, 2006

Abstinence till you're 30?!

Abstinence message goes beyond teens - USATODAY.com

Wow. I'm not stupid, I'm open minded and I try to respect other peoples opinions. I can't one with this one. I didn't realize we could tell people what to do with there bodies, especially when they're over 18.

Allow me to spell it out. Abstinence only education doesn't work. It's proven fact. I know that to some people, the "sinners" deserve what they get, but I don't see it that way at all. If people want to have sex, they're going to do so. If people are committed to not having sex, that's what they'll do. The government can't control human nature.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I think no one under 30 should get married or have children. Really. So much growth and transformation occurs, and you need to concentrate on your own spiritual, mental, emotional, financial, and physical development between 20 and 30, and to "settle down," in my opinion, is to neglect vital parts of yourself that might not get the opportunity to properly develop when you are worrying about another person, a tiny person, and a mortgage.
As for abstinence till you're 30, that's unrealistic. Sex isn't the problem, poorly-developed sense of self is the problem.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/12/2006 1:27 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home