Ramblings of a Social Outcast

Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm afraid...

That's a phrase that is though for me to write. My whole life, I'm worked to be strong, to be to the good daughter, the good friend. I'm a people pleaser, I find solace in taking taking care of others. I rarely cry, I don't get angry to other peoples faces very often. I put on a facade of constant happiness.

Yet, I am afraid.

Today, I found out I have PCOS. There is a much higher rate of cancer for women with PCOS. I don't want to die young. I want to raise my future children and watch them grow strong and wise. I want the read all the classics and swim with the dolphins. I want to write a novel and see my nieces and nephews.

I don't want to die young.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

Wishing you the best. Illness sucks.

By Blogger MomEtc., at 8/04/2007 5:51 PM  

Hi Manda,

PCOS is actually a condition a lot of women have, and it does not mean you will get cancer.

I am a transracial adoptee and I once felt like a social outcast too. Sometimes I still do, but the teenage years were the hardest. It gets better.

Peace,
Allison

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/30/2008 2:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home