Ramblings of a Social Outcast

Monday, January 15, 2007

My life is boring, so let's talk about...

My medical issues.

Anyhow. On the 14th of December I wake up in the most horrid pain I've ever felt in my life. I stagger out of bed and make it as far as my parents bedroom, before collapsing on their empty bed. I curled up into the fetal position, trying to escape from the stabbing pain traveling throughout my abdomen.

So my dad, after realizing I'm not faking it, takes me over to the hospital, which incidentally is next door. Cool, Huh?

So after a humiliating pelvic exam, having some doctor stick his finger up my butt and a vaginal ultrasound I find out the Best News Ever.

I have ovarian cysts that like to rupture. Yummy.

In reality it explains a lot. I started my period when I was 9 and have always in middle of my cycle had horrible pain. So it turns out all these years, my ovaries have been home to exploding cysts.

Apparently this means I can't have Bio kids, but I knew that anyway. I've already got one bum ovary. It isn't really that big of a deal for me though as I always knew I'd adopt anyway.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

oh Manda.

Oh

By Blogger Unknown, at 1/29/2007 2:06 AM  

Hey! I'm an adoptee too (but I'm old). My new half sister is just about your age and she has exploding cysts too. But she hasn't been told anything about no bio kids. I'm not saying she has the same thing as you but I would get a second opinion on the no kids thing and (now I'm going to sound like an old lady) be careful!!! :)
Glad to have found your blog.
Hope you are feeling better.

By Blogger L, at 6/02/2007 2:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home